The hawkeye Firefly is an attempt to give FPV pilots HD quality recording with far less weight than GoPro styled HD cameras. The main benefit of this camera is its weight. Hawkeye FireFly v1 Micro camera only weighs 14grams. Compare 14 grams to GoPro Session 5 weighing in at 74 grams.
- High definition full HD1080P car DVR camera recorder.Specifically developed for RC Drone machines
- Good choice accessory for racing FPV and recording video as an action camera.Mini size and light weight make sure to enhance the fun of racing FPV drone without influence on the control of the drone
- Built-in rechargeable lithium battery support video recording up to 50 minutes. Support 8GB-32GB Class 4 and above TF(microSD) memory card(Suggest 8GB/16GB, memory card not included)
- With AV output cable to support TV output, user can watch the record video on TV. You can connect the camera to computer through the mini USB cable to watch and edit videos on computer, too
- FOV 160 degrees wide angle, the camera provides much wider view coverage in high definition than most action cameras and home security cameras no matter indoor or outdoor. Record every detail that matters for you
Some recordings are only in what is said to be 720. Others listed below are were recorded at 1080.
Although there are some odd artifacts with the sun and the quality might not be on par with GoPro at 1080, the quality is almost good enough for me to justify the weight gain.
The main reason for me testing out the Hawkeye Firefly v1 is because the Hawkeye Firefly 2 shows very promising features that exceed the abilities of the GoPro Session 5.
The audio recording is not as good and consistent as the GoPro cameras. There are moments and parts of clips where the audio is more acceptable than others. Hopefully there will be some audio recording improvements in v2.
|Hawkeye FireFly V1||14g|
|GoPro Session 5||74g|
If the Hawkeye Firefly 2 performs like some of the test videos, it is going to be a GoPro killer.