The X-lite pro has two additional tactical / momentary buttons. These will allow the setup of a safe push button arming sequence. This process is simple. Do not let any of the language distract you from how easy this process is.
- Configure logical switches on the radio.
- Configure radio channel for arming and disarming
- Take your props off
- Configure BetaFlight to use the radio channel for arming and disarming.
It’s safer than most arming. This type of arming requires you press the tactical button for a set amount of time and have the pre arm switch set before the quad will arm. Even though Betaflight now supports pre arm switches, radio logical switches can contain more customization and save channel usage. In this example we will have a pre arm switch, a tactical push button for arming and disarm switch, on one channel using one tactical button and one switch.
When setting up logical switches on the radio, we can check throttle and have a pre arm switch that doubles as a disarm switch.
We are going to setup a push button arm that will:
- make sure throttle is all the way down
- confirm pre arm switch is facing away (default)
- require you to press arm button for X amount of time before arming
- pre arm switch doubles as disarm switch
- Right Tactical Button (SF)
- Bottom Left Switch (SC)
Configure Logical Switches
On your radio navigate to your model and go to the Logical Switches, page 8. Copy the screenshot below into your model. If you already have logical switches in place, add these below those*.
- L01 – Turns true if you press down on the right tactical button for 6 seconds and the SC switch facing away (default)
- L02 – Turns true if the throttle is off.
- L03* – Turns true if L01 switch is true and L02 switch is true.
- L04* – Turns true and stays true until you flip the disarm switch we have set to the SC switch.
You can test the logical switches and confirm they are working without connecting to your receiver. When a logical switch is true / active it will appear bold.
Configure Logical Switch On A Channel
In this example we will be using channel 5 or AUX 1 as the arming channel. Navigate on your radios model to page 5. We need to setup two entries on channel 5. Edit Channel 5. Set Mix name to arm. Set Source to MAX. Set switch to !L04. You may need to use the shift button on your X-Lite to get the !04.
Press the exit button on your radio. Long press Channel 5 and select Insert after.
Set the mix name to arm. Set the source to MAX. Set the weight to -100. Set the source to L04. Press the exit button on your radio.
When you have finished, channel 5 / CH5 should look similar to the below.
Configure BetaFlight Arm Switch
Take your props off. State law.
Connect your quad to betaflight. Click the modes tab. Under the Arm mode click Add Range. Select AUX 1 if you setup your arming on channel 5. Adjust the slider so that the range will cover just below 1000. Click save.
You have now configured push button start. To disarm, flip the SC switch, labeled below. To re-arm, make sure you flip the SC switch back to the default position.